Archive for May, 2010
Homemade Lemonade tutorial here.. so cute!!
Vintage fruit crate inspiration here…. my grandpa would laugh that something so old could be so chic!!
Enjoy your long weekend!!! hugs- b
In high school french class we had these simple french dialogues we had to memorize for class. I always ordered an Orangina for my cafe dialogue and pomme frites! Sometimes for fun I get an Orangina at Trader Joe’s, just for old times sake.
Orange is such a playful, fun, kinda quirky color. A muted, elegant floral arrangement can really unexpectedly pop with a bit of orange. Tangerine or orange can work well in any season!
Kids at weddings definitely steal the show! They really can do no wrong, but to prevent little ones from going sideways, I recommend…
* Picking kids 4 years and older.. toddlers really are way too unpredictable and are most likely to lose it!
* To keep everyone sane, don’t ask their parents to be in the bridal party too. It’s too hard to get your child and yourself dressed, hair done, happy, and picture ready all at the same time.
* Having an extra parent or grandparent near by during the ceremony is helpful, to lead the child outside if they can’t handle sitting quietly.
* Please remember to feed the kiddos.. everyone is happier on a full stomach.
* Be flexible.. make sure you’re OK with having the ring bearer melt down, or your flower girl refuse to walk down the aisle before you them to be apart of the wedding. Ask their parents ahead of time how the kids handle big groups of people or lots of pictures.
Happy Monday. I guess by now you know I love nature. Troy makes fun of all my birdie stuff, stick a cute bird on it and I’ll buy it:-). I also love faux bois, ferns, twigs, nests, moss, and mushrooms etc. Here is more inspiration for your week!!
What can be more perfect for spring and summer wedding than blush mixed with the classic black and white palette?! Soft blush colors can be found in the floral design, dress colors and pink champagne. This pretty combination is both elegant and chic!!! For more inspiration check out this real wedding…. love it!
Planning a wedding sounds fun until you actually have to do it! Sometimes it can feel like your “to do” list might swallow you up. Budget woes, in-law drama, trying to cut the dreaded guest list, bridal party group dynamics and outrageous linen fees can make just about any bride dream of escaping to get married on a beach somewhere, Mexico, Paris, Venice anywhere out of the country!
Running away is very tempting, it can be cheaper, faster and a lot less drama. Make sure you have all our legal ducks in a row. I recommend taking your favorite photographer with you. If it’s just a handful of guests, you can splurge on the little things. Tempting isn’t it?! Happy Tuesday!!!
Happy Monday. A very popular neutral color right now is this steel grey. From succulents, to classic foggy,grey suits, grey can feel both formal and elegant. More grey inspiration at this real wedding here.
Yippee, it’s Friday. I hope you have a relaxing weekend, I’m frantically cleaning for our endless international adoption paperwork stuff. Our homestudy update is this weekend, we have to update it every year to keep our paperwork in Taiwan alive. Hopefully I can appear sane, responsible and intelligent!!!! Given I’m also a professionally trained dental hygienist (gum gardener) I feel like my house should also be some what clean!!! I’m off to scrub something…. b